Jun 3, 2013

Traverse City Wine Art Festival



Traverse City, Michigan






 Who could ask for more Wine, Cherries and Horse shows? If you're going to Northern Michigan this summer, you should check out this summer's Traverse City Wine & Art Festival June 22 weekend and Horseshows By the Bay Equestrian Festival July 3rd - 28th.   There is also the famous National Cherry Festival June 29 - July 6th.

 I am going back home to Michigan where I'll be spending my summer.  My friend Laura and I are taking a little road trip to check out the horses, sites, food and sounds.  I always fall back in love with Michigan after seeing her beautiful landscapes. Especially after living in Texas the majority of my year.  Its good eye candy.  I've spent time at all the hot spots of the east coast Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod, Portland you name it, but in my opinion I truly think Northwestern Michigan triumphs all.  It offers the same plus much much more.  Unlike MV or the Cape after you get tired of the beach in Michigan you can take long rides through winding hills like Vermont, visit winery after winery and hit great antique shops.  In addition to there are Leelanau Peninsula, Old Mission Peninsula, Benzie County, Frankfort and the famous Mackinaw Island.  They all offer great restaurants, shoppes, beaches and tons of recreational activities for everybody.